Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day - even if it did rain all day!

Well the day got off to a great start - the girls quietly got up at 7:45 and went and cleaned the playroom and basement! It was their mess but still they did it without being reminded 50 times! I made French toast and smoothies for breakfast YUMMM! Then we got packed up and headed out to Maple Ridge Park for the annual church picnic. It was freezing - like chill you to the bone cold! I had a jacket on the whole time and wished that I was wearing pants! The kids had fun regardless though. It is such an awesome park and they had their friends there so they were happy. I of course enjoyed the company of some great friends! The beautiful thing was - the kids played so hard that they actually collapsed into bed early!! Josh and I are about to watch a movie.

The only really disappointing thing about today was that I did not make it to the gym :( I have been really trying to get my butt in gear and get into better shape. I have been going to the gym a few times a week and trying to walk/run with the dog. Ok walk with the dog - I hate running. Anyway I managed to hurt my back while bending over doing the laundry - like really hurt it! So I had to take a few days off the gym and go to the chiropractor. It is feeling better so I need to get back to the gym. Man I feel old these days - since when do you hurt your back sorting laundry??

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and thank goodness my cousin arrives in 6 days. Day 3 of summer break - and I am tired, I even napped for an hour today on the couch!! I have been enjoying have the girls around more but it is tiring. I am finally getting my hair done tomorrow - it has been five months so it is long overdue!

No comments:

Post a Comment