Monday, January 9, 2012

bye bye weekend

I think my weekends are going to have be just one post.  It is so crazy around here on the weekends and this weekend was no exception.  We did have a great weekend though and we managed to sneak in some family time!  On Saturday we even foolishly decided to brave Costco together....all 6 of us.....at dinner time.  Proved to be a little difficult but we managed which brings me to my first act of service.  The kids really really wanted to eat at costco (yummmmm greasy fries, gravy and jumbo hotdogs!!) and hey I shouldn't complain, it was only $12.00 to feed our whole family but I really didn't want to eat there.  Also by the time we got to the checkout it was 5:55 and they close at 6:00.  ONe of my service rules that I didn't really add in the beginning was that it can not be something I paid money for.  If you know me you know I love to shop and that would make it just far to easy and alot less meaningful.  So anyway I decided what the heck I will let them have their dinner at costco and even let them have pop!  We were going to eat out anyway but lets just say that costco was not my first choice.  I survived though.

My saturday gratitude was for sleeping in :) yep I love love love to sleep especially in the morning as I am a total night owl (you might have figured that out since I am usually typing up this blog at 1am.  On Saturday my little Zoe got up first at 8am but she quietly played on my ipad and got herself a granola bard while waiting for everyone else to wake up!  I didn't get up til almost 10am!!  Such a treat!!

Today (Sunday) my act of service was for Avri.  She has been trying really extra hard to practice her piano more and learn her songs faster and she has been doing a great job.  She had a song that she was struggling with a little so I came and sat down with her and spent 10 minutes or so going through it with her.  Crazy thing is she is on her way to passing my piano knowledge!!!  In fact she knew things I didn't!!  But we worked on it together and we figured it out!  She loves it when I try and play her songs through.  She has great natural talent when it comes to piano - she sometimes lacks the disciple and motivation but she is doing better and seeing some results.  I am very proud of her.

My gratitude today was for church!  After such a hectic week, I love going to church on Sunday's with my family and taking a break from the crazy and hectic life that we lead from Monday - Saturday.  I love my friends that are there, I love the music and my children's primary teachers, who patiently teach my children each week that they are a child of god and that he loves each one of them for who they are.  I am so grateful for that knowledge that God is aware of me and that he loves me unconditionally.

After church I started in on a fun pinterest project that I found, my dear friend Nikki came over and helped me cut ribbon for it and kept me company while I plugged away.  It took alot longer than I expected but that is usually how these craft projects go!!  I will try and attach a picture of the valentines wreath made out of ribbons- and here is to another week!!  The picture doesn't do it much justice and they sticky finger prints on the french doors are embarassing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment