Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I love cyber days

I am grateful for cyberschool.  Avri who is in grade 6 this year is part of a program her school offers called "cyberschool".  2 days a week she works from home.  She participates in a 1 hour online lesson with her whole class and then spends the rest of the day at home completing her assignments and submitting them on line.  It is so great because it has allowed me to have more time with Avri outside of the regular hussle and bussle of our life.  SHe absolutely loves the program - Avri is very much a home body and she is close to both Josh and I.  She is also quite shy but cyberschool has offered her a different learning environment 2 days a week and it has really helped her to connect better with a few of her peers and she is sort of starting to break out of her shell a little more.  She is loving all the technology and computer programs that she is learning how to use.  She is very good at computers!!  She understands them better then me half the time!  I have noticed such a positive change in her this year.  Her teacher is also wonderful so he deserves some good credit too!  I am very grateful for the public school system that we have available to us.  It is not perfect of course, but it is really good and our experiences with it over the past 7 years, with 3 different kids is good.  This program in particular is so great.  I am not confident enough, organized enough, or motivated enough to homeschool my children but I do find it a little hard to let them go to school 5 days a week for 6 hours a day.  I worry about not having enough influence in their life.  The beauty of this program is that it allows the student to connect to their home just a little bit more, but I don't have to do the work:)

Today's act of service for my family was for Avri.  I helped her proof read and complete a power point story that she created with pictures and words.  She is so creative.  I really enjoyed spending the time with her and getting a little glimpse into her creative mind!

It was a great day - we didn't get much new snow today, we were kind of hoping for some more snow to play in.  Oh well maybe tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment