Monday, January 9, 2012

pets and vets

WOw this week has got off to a busy busy start.  Its going to be one of those weeks that just whizzes by!  I had to take my dear Piper (our 7 year old golden retriever) to the vet today which brings me to my gratitude thought for the day.  I am so grateful for good veterinarian care.  Piper has had this bump on her back for a few months.  We took her to the vet and he said it wasn't anything but to keep an eye on it.  It was starting to get  a bit bigger so I was planning to take her in but on the weekend it practically exploded and she started biting and chewing at it.  I was horrified when I noticed it!  I would take a picture and put it on here to gross you all out, but honestly it grosses me out so much I can not take a picture of it because that would require me looking at it.  In fact when the vet squeezed at it I almost gagged.  He said it needed to come off and he was able to squeeze her in for surgery tomorrow!!  He is such a great Vet (George from Pitt Meadows Animal Clinic).  He did not charge me for the visit today because she is coming back tomorrow.  He has been so good to our pets!!  I say I am grateful for good veterinarian care because we have experienced both good and bad vet care during our pet owner days!!

As for the service I had 2 today!!  I helped Mika with some memorizing for her highland theory and painted her nails while she was practicing it.  She is such a smart kid, she can remember things so easily and she LOVES to learn.  I have to say that painting my girls nails is one of my favorite things to do!  In fact I have a slight obsession with OPI nail polish!  I think I have somewhere around 50 bottles!  I justify because hey there is 5 of us girls in the house so they go to good use ;)  The second act of service was later this evening after dance when I was driving Avri home from her dance class at 7:30pm.  I took her to McDonalds cause she was starved after a 90 minutes dance marathon class, and we sat in the car and chatted and enjoyed each others company.  I really needed to get home to the mounds of laundry awaiting me but I decided to take a few minutes with her alone and just hang out and chat.  (Ok and it was pretty nice for me to leave the chores behind while munching on fries and sipping diet coke:)  Sometimes these charitable acts end up being as good for me if not better!!  I am really enjoying taking time during the day to think of things I can do for family members and reminding myself of things that I am grateful for.  Sometimes I get on such a roll when I start thinking about it that I become overwhelmed.  I have so much to be grateful for.  I really think that it is important to remind ourselves of what we have and how blessed we are.  Everyone has things to be grateful for and when you take time out to think of them you become even more grateful for what you already have in all aspects of life.  Of course I am just like everyone else and there are plenty of things I want or wish I had but I am trying really hard to be happy with the life I have.

As for this week - it is a busy one with dance classes, piano, dog surgery, a baby shower, a few family birthday parties and it ends with a big dance competition ( for our association Fraser Valley Highland Dance Assoc) and a church youth activity for Avri!!  Better get to sleep, I need to be well rested this week!!  P.s I need to think of something to do for Josh - he is the only unserved one so far!!  Shouldn't be too hard, he is pretty easy to please!

1 comment:

  1. You are right, there are so many things to be thankful for and it's great you are recording this in your blog. Your girls will have this to read in the future and know how much you love them. :)

    ReplyDelete