Friday, January 6, 2012

Yeah for Friday

Leah and I had a lazy day at home today catching up on chores and starting some of my new years organizing projects! I love organizing and wish desperately that I was more organized but I am really giving it a serious effort!

My act of service today was with Leah. After we did a huge overall on the play room she wanted me to help her get down her Dora play house and her little Dora figures. I decided to get down on the floor and play Dora with her. I wish I could say that this was something that I did often (playing at floor level with my kids) but I am so busy with house things and day to day busyness that I often don't take the time. I really enjoyed it and in fact we were having so much fun that she came into the kitchen and helped me make lunch. It is days lime this that I realize that they are only smallmfor such a short time. Right now they still love to do things with me ( I hope that never ends but I am sure it won't always be as easy as it is when they are 3 or 5 years old!)

Today I am grateful for corner stores. Sounds funny but the dinky little (albeit overpriced) corner store on 216th has come in handy so many times! It is so nice not to have to go all the way to save on, or even worse superstore when a recipe calls for something I don't have! Today it provided me with a $3.99 tiny bag of brown sugar! I could not have finished making my yummy monster cookies without it :). It has saved me several times!

Monster cookies are yummy, especially if you love coconut!

Recipe
3 cups flour (I use half whole wheat and half white)
1 teas cinnamon
1 teas baking soda
1 teas baking powder
1 teas salt
1 1/2 cups butter softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoons vanilla
3 eggs
3 cups rolled oats
3 cups choc chips
2 cups coconut

Mix first 5 ingredients set aside. Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix til just mixed. Stir in oats choc chips and coconut. Drop by 1/4 cups (yes they are big!) onto greased cookie sheet or parchment. Bake at 350 for 12 min or until slightly browned. Makes 4 dozen BIG cookies :)

Happy weekend everyone! Oh and ps the pork chops sucked that I wrote about yesterday. You win some you loose some!

1 comment: