Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sunshine is like medicine for the soul

Well today was a really good day considering I did not fall asleep until after 3:30am with insomnia and worrying about how the poor dog was feeling. Let me tell you 7AM did not feel very good today! But I was so happy to wake up to sunshine today! That is my gratitude item for the day. I am so grateful for sunshine, especially in the bleak winter months when it can go weeks without showing it's beautiful face! I think I may even be one if those people who suffer from S.A.D. (that seasonal disorder). I usually slip into a bit of a funk after Christmas when we know there are still several months of cold wet weather with no fun holiday like christmas to focus on. So days like todaynwhen the sun shines I am so grateful for it! Even though I was short on sleep I was pretty chipper all day!

Leah and I went out to do some running around and it was so sunny that we stopped to play outside. This is my act of service for the day. I am pretty wimpy ( ok actually very wimpy ) when it comes to being cold but Leah is nit bothered by it one bit. In fact she didn't even want to wear the jacket! It was seriously worth the suffering. Leah had such a great time running and jumping and playing. I loved watching her and it felt great to get some fresh air!

Piper seems to be feeling a bit better today. I have given her some extra hugs and pats. Last night I ended up sleeping on the couch because I could hear her banging her cone around downstairs. I wanted to take it off but I had to keep an eye on her so she didn't chew at her stiches. A few years ago she was hit by a truck (long story) and had to have surgery on her foot. A few days later she managed to chew off the big bandaid and chew all the stitches out which meant back into surgery to have it all stitched up again. I don't want to have pay for any more vet care than necessary.

Well off to bed. On an exciting note, I went out to fabricana tonight and picked out fabric to have curtains made for my bedroom! I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment